Hiya Pinkies. Wow. Time flies. How is it that our Pink Posse cleanse is almost upon us? The week-long pre-cleanse for our group cleansing experience begins Monday, October 12. So this is your chance to join us. Keep in mind, Pinkies. This is a nutritional cleanse. You will not be fasting. During my three cleanses, I have not felt deprived (and trust me, I love my food!) You will be consuming liquids and foods throughout the day to keep your blood sugar stabilized as your body heals itself. So please don't be scared. If your intuition is yelling for you to join us, this is your chance. Let's give each other moral support as we do this together, in solidarity, Pinkie to Pinkie. If you plan to cleanse with us, please join the Green Juice Detox Cleanse Posse on the Pink Posse Forum. The information you will need to do this will only be available there.
Did you miss the posts about why we're cleansing together? Here you go:
Get Ready for Detox and Cleansing With Green Juice
Get Your Mojo Back With a Green Juice Cleanse
Tricia Barrett, the Living Foods Expert at Clear Center of Health, the integrative medicine center where I practice holistic women's health, is going to share her wisdom and lead us in a group green juice cleanse at home. Tricia has been leading cleanses at Clear Center and other facilities in the Bay area, but we know times are tough and many of you live far away. So we've modified the cleanse that Tricia offers to educate you Pinkies about how you can do this on your own at as substantially reduced price from what you would pay to have someone else do this for you.
Many of you have marked this on the calendar and are gearing up to start the Pre-cleanse, so I wanted to give you a heads up about what to expect and how to prepare. I'm going to turn the floor over to Tricia Barrett, so take it away, Tricia! (Three Pink cheers! Hoorah!)
Hi Pinkies! Tricia here...You ready to cleanse? Let's prepare!
As a reminder, you will need:
1. A Juicer-required
2. Access to organic produce, including wheat grass if possible (don't worry, we'll have alternates for those who can't do the ideal cleanse)- required
3. An enema bag (available at any drug store) or access to colon hydrotherapy (colonics)- required
4. A natural bristle brush for dry brushing (ideal but not required)
5. Sun chlorella (at health food stores)- optional
6. Systemic Enzymes, which you can order from Hippocrates Institute (or any systemic enzyme will do)
7. Epsom salts
1. Start your day with the juice of one lemon on an empty stomach, which flushes out the accumulation of the night's natural toxins. I mix mine with water, stevia and a dash of cayenne to make a kick-in-the-pants morning lemonade.
2. Try eating PINK—(that’s 80/20). 80 percent alkaline foods (think veggies and fruits), 20 percent acidic foods (think grains, beans, legumes, nuts, seeds)
3. Avocados add healthy fats and start to lubricate your detoxification channels.
4. Try meditation, even if it's just 1 minute a few times per day. Your body's stress levels decrease during meditation, reducing the stress that acidifies your body. When I was eating Hippocrates Institute pristine- all vegan, all raw, I still had a body that was off the charts acidic because my business was stressing me out. Meditation helped me overcome that.
5. Increase your oil consumption- UDO oil is one of the best full spectrum oils available.
6. Drink slippery elm tea—it’s a mucilaginous herb and will start to coat all your membranes, which will allow for release. Plus, it will soothe your system.
7. Start the alkalinization process and get a great form of chlorophyll. My favorite is sun chlorella or chlorella from Hippocrates Institute.
8. Set intentions for what you hope to accomplish with your cleanse. Are you doing this for detoxification? Weight loss? General health? Are there other things that need cleansing in your life? What might you need to release? Starting preparing your mind, as well as your body.
9. Pray, pray, and pray. Ask the Universe to guide you as you cleanse. Pray just for yourself. Everyone else is handled. This cleanse is just for you.
If you are able to get your body running at peak performance by supporting the adrenal glands, removing mucous and acid forming foods, and fully hydrating before you even begin the juice cleansing portion of the cleanse, you reduce a large amount of stress to your system. This prepares you for a deeper and more fulfilling cleansing experience.
You on board, Pinkies?
This will be the last we post about this cleanse on Owning Pink. For further instruction, make sure you join the Green Juice Detox Cleanse Posse on the Pink Posse Forum. We will instruct you further from there.
Happy Cleansing, Pinkies! Give your body a hug and pat yourself on the back. Your body thanks you for doing this.
If you have any questions about pre-cleansing or the cleansing process, please post them here. If you'd rather communicate privately, please feel free to send Tricia a message via the Pink Posse forum.
Pink & Green love,
Tricia & Lissa
PS. For more on "juice feasting," check out this blog post from Lissa's friend Phil Bolsta.
When you comment on an Owning Pink blog post, we invite you to be authentic and loving, to say what you feel, to hold sacred space so others feel heard, and to refrain from using hurtful or offensive language. Differing opinions are welcomed, but if you cannot express yourself in a respectful, caring manner, your comments will be deleted by the Owning Pink staff.